1. RAPPEL - Election pour le renouvellement du Conseil de la SF2A - DL mardi 5 juin 12h
2. ALMA Cycle 1 submission deadline : July 12th 2012
3. RAPPEL - The 16th Paris Cosmology Colloquium Chalonge 2012 : "The New Standard Model of the Universe : Lambda Warm Dark Matter. Theory and Observations", 25-27 July 2012, Observatoire de Paris
4. 9th INTEGRAL Workshop and celebration of the 10th anniversary of the launch of the mission, 15-19 October 2012, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Paris
5. "Reading the book of globular clusters with the lens of stellar evolution", November 26-28, 2012, Astronomical Observatory of Rome, Monte Porzio Catone, Rome, Italy
Nous vous rappelons la date limite du mardi 5 juin 12h pour participer à l’élection pour le renouvellement duConseil de la SF2A.
Les modalités pour voter sont données sur cette page.
Alors n’oubliez par de voter pour élire les nouveaux membres du conseil !
Le conseil de la SF2A
The ALMA Director, on behalf of the partner organizations and all the personnel in Chile, East Asia, Europe and North America involved in bringing ALMA to Early Science readiness, is pleased to issue the Cycle 1 Call for Proposals.
We invite members of the astronomical community to propose scientific programmes to be scheduled within the ALMA Early Science Cycle 1 period, which we expect to start on January 1, 2013. This provides an important opportunity for Early Science from this cutting edge facility. The Cycle 1 period will span 10 months and any astronomer may submit proposals.
Deadline for submission is July 12.
In addition, a new program of Science Verification aimed at testing new capabilities of ALMA for Cycle 1 and beyond will begin in June 20, and the list of suggested targets will be available shortly at this URL.
A new installment of Science Verification data is available. This release contains IRAS16293 band 9 data. The source, the data and the data reduction procedure are described in the accompanying CASA Guide. This is the first ALMA band 9 Science Verification data release and represents a milestone for ALMA construction.
The full Call and all the information and tools relevant for proposal preparation are available through the ALMA Science Portal.
The ALMA Helpdesk facility may also be accessed via the Science Portal. User support, including face-to-face assistance, is provided by the European ALMA Regional Centre. Please see this page for more details.
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals, The EU ARC team
Transmis par Jérôme Pety
The Colloquium offers invaluable international current research view at the forefront of astrophysics and cosmology, contacts at the highest level and a careful interdisciplinarity, with both Theory and Observations.
Advanced students, post-docs, young researchers are encouradged to participate.
Open to all researchers interested in the field.
Deadline of registration : 1st june 2012.
Website : HERE.
With compliments and kind regards
Transmis par Norma G. Sanchez
The 9th INTEGRAL workshop "An INTEGRAL view of the high-energy sky (the first 10 years)" will take place from 15 to 19 October 2012 in Paris, at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
The main goal of the workshop is to present and to discuss (via invited, solicited and contributed talks and posters) latest results obtained in the field of high-energy astrophysics using the International Gamma-Ray Astrophysics Laboratory, INTEGRAL, as well as results from observations from other ground- and space-based high-energy observatories and from associated multi-wavelength campaigns.
On 17 October 2012 the 10th anniversary of the launch of the INTEGRAL mission will be celebrated during the conference dinner.
We inform you that the 2nd circular and the call for papers of the workshop have been released and that the registration and abstract submission are now open at the conference web site.
Deadline for abstract submission is 15 June 2012 and for early registration is 31 August 2012.
Contributions to the workshop shall cover the following scientific topics :
X-ray binaries (IGR sources, black holes, neutron stars, white dwarfs)
Isolated neutron stars (gamma-ray pulsars, magnetars)
Nucleo-synthesis (SNe, Novae, SNRs, ISM) and gamma-ray lines (511 keV)
Galactic diffuse continuum emission (including Galactic Ridge)
Massive black holes in AGNs, elliptical galaxies, nucleus of the Galaxy
Sky surveys, source populations and unidentified gamma-ray sources
Cosmic background radiation
Coordinated observations with other ground- and space-based observatories
Science data processing and analysis (posters only)
Future instruments and missions (posters only)
All details and contact coordinates can be found at the workshop web site.
Andrea Goldwurm for the LOC
1) Evolution of observations of Globular Cluster stars, from the early Color Magnitude Diagrams to current photometry and high-resolution spectroscopy
2) Role of Globular Clusters as laboratories for stellar evolution studies : from the shape of the Main Sequence, to the morphology of the Horizontal Branch
3) Compact objects in Globular Clusters, and the delicate interplay between the physical conditions of the stellar environment and the rate of production of compact objects
4) New challenging scenarios for the formation of Globular Clusters, created by the discovery of multiple populations
The deadline for abstract submission is September 30.
Conference WEB site : HERE.
Workshop email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Transmis par Corinne Charbonnel
Pour toutes informations complémentaires, comme pour faire passer vos messages, envoyez un mail à Réza Samadi (NOUVELLE ADRESSE : email@example.com). Les messages (courts, maximum 20 lignes) doivent me parvenir impérativement sous forme de texte ASCII simple (les caractères speciaux doivent etre supprimés ; les accents sont autorisés). MERCI !